Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 31. Freeze Frame

Today was Freeze Frame, a pretty big performance with dancers from 15 (I think) studios from around the valley. It's the most important performance of the year after the annual recital, which will take place in June. Her class performed a ballet to "Garden Waltz," and did a wonderful job, especially considering they just started learning this dance not very long ago.

Doesn't my little angel look sweet here? Don't be fooled! The tights were brand new, right out of the package, and here they are, filthy already. I practically threatened her to hold the flower nicely and smile sweetly for a picture. Not five seconds late she was sword-fighting with one of her fellow dancers. Sigh. I just shake my head.

It was an eventful day in other ways as well. Earlier today she had her 2nd basketball game and scored her first basket! In a game, that is. She's made baskets in practice. She's really enjoying basketball, and is noticeably improved just in the few weeks she's been practicing. Compared to her first game last week, she got her hands on the ball a lot more, dribbled and made more attempts at shooting (as opposed to just passing to a more experienced teammate). Fun to watch! I have not still shots from today, but I did video tape parts of it, including her two-point shot. I have no idea how to edit it so I can post it here and show her off, but I'll figure it out eventually.

5 comments:

  1. Oh she's just beautiful!!! Even if she did a sword fight after the pic! Congrats on her first basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, swordfighting ballerinas in dirty tights are my favorite kind of dancer! What a beautiful picture of R.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R congrats on that first basket!! What a confidence booster that will be!!

    She looks so beautiful in her tutu. I had to laugh when you said 15 studios in the valley, there is only 1 in our county and the closest to us is owned by the same lady as ours and that one is 30 miles away. Ahhh life in the cornfields!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ballerina!!! And one with spirit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so beautiful! The photo just jumped right out at me.

    ReplyDelete