
I dug out my Bernina today and dusted it off. I can't even remember the last time I used it. BC (before child) I enjoyed quilting, but lately, well, there just aren't enough hours in the day.
Backing up to earlier today ... we went out to run a couple of errands, and while driving down the road I couldn't help but notice how pretty the hills near our home were, with the sun shining on the snow. I commented to the child about taking a photo of the scenery (all the while wishing I had a smaller camera that I could keep in my purse so that's it's always handy). At first she was agreeable, then started asking questions about where we would be going in order to take photos of HER in the snow-covered hills. When I broke the news that I meant taking the photo of the hills, not of her, she was rather miffed, then confused. "But mom, why would you want a picture without ME in it?"
So therefore, it came as no surprise that she's not happy with my choice of photos today, especially given that I took several of her manning the sewing machine for the first time. Maybe tomorrow's photo will show her in action.
I used to quilt a lot pre-child, too. Actually, I need to work on a quilt in the near future for my best friend's baby-to-be. Luckily for me, my mom's factory sewing machine is always ready for me in my hallway so I won't need to find extra space for my machine (which is really my mom's too :) )
ReplyDeleteI also envy you with a child who wants her photo taken. Bethany's always complaining that I take too many pictures of her.
Love the photo that captures BC moments. And love the fact that your child loves to be in the photos.
ReplyDeleteHELLO! a picture without a child! What are you thinking! That is just too funny! Great picture of the preparation for sewing. That's why I never do it...oh wait maybe its because I don't like seam rippers which I seem to need to use a lot.
ReplyDeleteA no-child photo!! No wonder she was miffed LOL
ReplyDeleteGood idea to teach her to sew!!
Hahaha, that's too cute that she was upset she couldn't be in the photo. EmmaLi is getting better about wanting to be in the photos, just in time too because the big kids are NOT too pleased when I whip it out and start shooting!
ReplyDeleteToo funny.....I almost used a picture of my Bernina for Day 3. Instead, I did a picture of my fabric stash!
ReplyDeleteI love quilting....mine is "after children"!. But seeing you with pattern pieces gave me the chills. I used to try making clothes.....and it never worked out. Quilting is so much easier, everything fits eventually!!
How funny! I was a quilter BC too. Of course, I am completely handicapped with a machine so I did it all by hand. I need to get back to that.
ReplyDeleteOkay - guess I need to take a photo of my Bernina for Day 5!! It sits on the other end of the dining room table from my laptop, since, until I get the basement finished off, I have no sewing room (sob!). I'm another former banzai quilter... I used to TEACH quilting - even had a book contract for a quilting book (cancelled, but I didn't have to return the advance). I'm embarassed to admit, I've not done one single thing about putting together my girls' 100 Good Wishes Quilts!! When I think of all the things I made for my nieces and nephews, it saddens me that my own cherubs will probably never have anything handmade - but that was a different life: BC!! hehehe!!!
ReplyDelete