
I'll be honest, this photo is from yesterday. I snapped a couple more today of my sweet pea working on her first sewing project, so technically I HAVE kept up with the one-photo-a-day project, but I like this one from yesterday best. In fact, I adore it. I love the expression on her face as she admired her first practice seam on a scrap of fabric.
We got quite a bit done on the doll dress this weekend. She sewed the straight seams while I manned the machine for the seams that were curvy or required more precision, like the hem of the wristband. I let her "practice" on scraps of fabric, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I think she tried out most of the decorative stitches on the machine, and I only had to unjam the thing once. Not bad!
I really like the episodic feel of this doll outfit enterprise. Thanks for letting me follow along.
ReplyDeleteShe does look happy with her sewing! Good for her!
ReplyDeleteWow you can really see the excitement on her face!! I can't wait to see the completed outfit. What a fun project to work on together.
ReplyDeleteSuch joy in her accomplishment! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteWhat a smile! Her joy is just contagious! I bet that she will look at this photo years from now and immediately be transported to this feeling! Great job.
ReplyDeleteSuch a happy face!! My Miss M had me working on a sewing project yesterday, making a baby bed for a doll, I wonder when she could start sewing, she is 6, but she would love it! Can't wait to see your finished product!
ReplyDeleteShe looks really happy! Great photo!
ReplyDelete