Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13. Fog!

When we left the house this morning, the fog was so thick that we couldn't even see the houses across the street. And it was very cold, which meant frozen fog, which isn't too fun to drive on.

There is a street not too far from our home called "Foggy Bottom," which the kiddo has always gotten such a chuckle out of. We drive down this street occasionally on the way to a friend's house. It is a pretty funny name for a street. This morning she wondered out loud, "I wonder if it's this foggy on Foggy Bottom? Wouldn't that be funny Mom?" I decided it might be a fun photo for today, so I grabbed the camera and tootled over there on my way to work. Okay, it's not exactly on my way, but it's not very far away so didn't take me too much longer than normal to get to work.

There were cars behind me, so the photo was a "drive-by shooting." I used the regular ole' standard setting on the camera, and I like how the sign kinda glows.

6 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! LOL (And that's pretty good for a drive-by shot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, remember the movie, "The Fog"?

    This is a great idea for a shot, love how you got the light on the sign (even if you didn't plan it that way -- even better.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda creepy looking! LOL

    We drive by Money Creek on the way to the mall, I am soo tempted to stop and see what's down there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! My girls would laugh at "Foggy Bottom" too!

    ReplyDelete