Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18. Lunch and dinner-gonna-be


Exciting, huh? We stopped for groceries on the way home from church today. As I was putting them away, I left out the ingredients for a pot roast for dinner, then made us some lunch. So, there you have it. Turkey and cheese on whole wheat, apples, salad for me, and a pile of black olives for DD, who's not a salad eater right now. She loves olives and can eat them by the handful.
I rearranged stuff for this photo. It was hard to get a good angle with the camera, which is why the can of tomatoes and bottle of salad dressing are lying down. I held the camera up as high as I could reach and aimed it straight down, and here's what I got.
I love my West Bend slo cooker. I wouldn't call myself a cook in any sense of the word, but I can handle pot roast and veggies in the slow cooker. Healthy and yummy! It will make enough for dinner for the two of us and at least 3 lunches for me to take to work this week. Good thing I don't mind eating the same thing every day. And now looking at this photo made me realize that I forgot to add onion. It's not too late ... I'm gonna go chop some up now and toss it in.

4 comments:

  1. Yum - turkey on whole wheat. I'll be right over! I really like seeing all of the ingredients laid out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pot roast is one of my favorite dinners. I love roast beef but I can not stand roast beef lunch meat. I wwant the thick stuff. I always get a little more than we will eat so I can have yummy snadwiches for lunch or snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that photo makes me hungry! And it looks so healthy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, grocery shopping.. we seem to have to stop in every few days no matter how much I plan. This is my kind of dinner -- unfortunately, the rest of my family is of the chicken nuggests and mac and cheese variety.

    ReplyDelete