Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 17. Lazy Saturday


We worked on our sewing project again today. We've been 99% done for a week now ... all we needed was to add the velcro and elastic. Ran to JoAnn fabrics last night, but they didn't have any suitable elastic. Hard to believe, yes, but you see the store nearest us is near the end of a gigantic moving/liquidation sale and the pickins' were slim. We did find some Velcro tho. I didn't realize before purchasing it that it was self-adhesive -- I didn't even know there was such a thing. Cool! I did sew it in for good measure, but it was so easy to just stick it in place beforehand and not have to mess with pins. So, now the doll outfit we've been making is 99.5% done.
The photo is my darling daughter modeling her and her doll Jess's matching "skirts." The doll skirt is actually a scarf, and DD's skirt is leftover fabric wrapped around her waist and attached with barrettes. And don't you just love her top ... it's her new ballet outfit that we just got for an upcoming performance. It was scratchy, so she put on a purple tank top underneath, chosen because the color matches Jess's top. And the ensemble wouldn't be complete without the lovely black beaded necklace.

2 comments:

  1. I love their dresses. I so want to learn how to sew. Maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete