Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20. We went digital!

We're very low-tech around here when it comes to TV. I have two old ones, with rabbit-ear antennas. No cable, no dish, nothing. I finally ordered some $40 coupons from the government to be used towards digital converter boxes, which we'll need come February 17th (or is the the 19th? I'm not sure) when analog TV will cease to function. The coupons came last week in the mail, so I bought a converter box last weekend. It's there in the lower-left corner of the photo. Wow, what a difference in picture quality. I should have bought a converter box ages ago.
Also noteworthy -- today is the day that Barack Obama will be sworn in as our country's 44th President. It's a historic day, and quite exciting. The news coverage has started and will be going on all day, not that I'll be home to watch much of it.

6 comments:

  1. enjoy digital and a cool picture!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched the coverage most of the day, it has been very exciting!

    Great photo to mark both going digital and the historic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you! I, unfortunately, waited too long, and the darn coupon EXPIRED. I ended up talking myself into getting cable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on stepping into the digital age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I tagged you on my blog http://mom2two365.blogspot.com/2009/01/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete