Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10. Me, a Grandma???


A couple of fun shot from our lazy Saturday morning, with a story that I'm sure my fellow adoptive Moms can appreciate.

"Mom, guess what? You're gonna be a Grandma. See, I'm gonna have a baby!" my kiddo announced this morning, big belly and all. Oh my! "Get ready with the camera mom," she says. Have I trained her well or not? He he he. A few minutes later, she makes the official announcement. "Here she is! Here's your new granddaughter mom! Here, take a picture of us for our adoption paper," as she hoists the baby up near her shoulder, similarly to how I held her for our first family photo, the one that is on her adoption certificate.

Goodness I love her!

As part of this 365 project, I've been experimenting with different settings on my Rebel. I obviously didn't have it set correctly for the lighting in that photo on the left. I messed around a little with the exposure in my photo-editing software but didn't like any of the results I came up with, so this is the original photo here.

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! Giving birth and signing adoption papers!! Our girls have the most unique outlook on life! Congratulations Grand Ma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another immaculate conception! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you signed up for this project because I love to hear the stories of your daughter, she is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! We have similar storylines around our house all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it!!! What a sweet, funny girl you have!

    ReplyDelete