
This painting is hanging on a wall in my office at work. I've been surprised at how many people ask me about it. I've also been surprised at how many people ask me if my daughter painted it. Uh, no, at which point I point out the drawings on another wall that ARE the handiwork of my little darling, including a darling crayoned rendition of Santa with a green beard drawn when she was four. I clearly remember the wall of Santa drawings at her preschool, all colored with red suits and white beards, all except for my little Rembrandt's green-bearded guy. It still cracks me up.
But back to the koi ... it was painted by the sister of the wife of one of my co-workers, and I snatched it up at a garage sale a while back. It's half of a pair of painting, and the other one is at home hanging in my bathroom. Another co-worker, who was also at the garage sale, and I were both wanting these paintings, so we agreed to split them up with the agreement that we each had first dibs on the other painting were either of us to decide to part with it. Some time later, I arrived at work to find this lovely gift on my desk. It turned out that my co-worker had moved, and didn't have a spot for it in her new home. So I know own the pair. I keep meaning to take this one home and get it back together with it's other half, but as you can see, it's still adorning my cubicle wall.
Lovely painting!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I think your blog is "fabulous!" check it out...
http://helensproject365.blogspot.com/