The kiddo snapped today's photo this evening. As you might imagine, and as is likely the case at homes of young girls everywhere, the Webkinz have invaded. I'm not sure how many we have around here, but it's more than three.
I'll tell ya, I searched far and wide for that pink dragon last summer, thinking it would be a great birthday present for my Year-of-the-Dragon girlie. I even had difficulty finding them online (for a reasonable price that is). I left my name and number with a number of shops around here that carry Webkinz, just in case they happened to get any. From what I understand, stores have little, if any, say in the specific Webkinz's that they have to sell. They get a shipment, and they get what they get.
So anyway, I was quite excited the first time I got a call from a store letting me know they had received some pink dragons and would hold one for me. Yay! I tootle over to the store to get it, only to find that it was a dinosaur, not a dragon, that they had received. A few weeks later that episode repeated itself. Different store, same dinosaur, same lack of dragon. When a third store called me, I didn't get there quickly enough, and it was gone. I dont' know if they, in fact, had any dragons tho ... it could have been a dinosaur all along.
The fourth call came from the same store #1. The gal there was nice as can be, leaving a message on my machine that, for sure, she had a pink dragon for me, emphasizing that it was indeed a dragon and not a dinosaur. The bad news was that the kiddo heard the message, so no birthday surprise for her, but by now it was long past her birthday, so it didn't really matter. So, child in tow, I picked up the dragon the next time we were close to that part of town. She is quite cute, isn't she?
Oh dear, I didn't know there was a dragon. Now I'll have to start looking for my dragon girl!
ReplyDeleteFun picture & loved your pink dragon story! My son (he's 11) has a huge collection of Webkinz too lol..invaded is definitely a good word for what they tend to do once a child discovers them!
ReplyDeleteOh the things we do for our kiddos huh?!! Cute story! (and yes she really is a cute dragon!)
ReplyDeleteLOL!! I remember when you were searching for that dragon - my co-worker's wife had several!! We have one Webkinz and two Littlest Pet Shop critters - and I haven't told the girls about activating them... I'm pretty sure the Webkinz horse is no good, as it's been over a year since we got it!
ReplyDeleteI finally know what a webkinz is. Thanks for showing me. We don't have them in Belgium yet! Well, I think we don't! Here it's all about "my e-pets" like the little cat I posted a few days ago.
ReplyDeleteThat dragon is cute and I really enjoyed your story about him!
oh, Katie is a dragon girl too and just got this one...at Cracker Barrel on our drive down to Florida..they had tons! And all the Webkinz were all on sale for $10.99. If anyone is in search of one check there if you can. You'd be surprised at their selection. I think our house is going to be over run with Webkinz pretty soon! :)
ReplyDeleteDo they do Webkinz online? It's a whole 'nother aspect to the Webkinz crazy.
ReplyDeleteoh those silly answering messages :) cute picture!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThe dragon is my favorite too!
ReplyDelete